Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Family of Missionaries Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:19 AM

HOLA MI FAMILIA!
COMO LE VA?!
Well first and formost I just wanted to say how awesomely excited I was about hearing about sterling's mission call! I was all sad cause I was hoping for it in the afternoon and then I got it in the evening and it was a good time. I'm telling everyone I know haha so like two people but regardless. I went to the big map to see how far apart we would be. yeah it took up my wingspan haha I would have taken a picture but I forgot my camera. Next time though. I am so excited for him. The Lord will bless him in so many ways, best two years ever. He just needs to remember not to kill his companion.....
Anyways just wanted to also say that I love you mom. Don't be sad, be happy. The lord is doing a great work through me and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be here. Don't miss me, I'm always there. Other siblings need to step it up haha jk I know you are all wonderful. Sounds like everyone is extremely busy as well! I keep on hearing about how riddiculously busy the house is but I never really get the whole picture in my head. I am sure that it will look good when it is done and I'm sure that it is also keeping dad extremely busy. Remember to not be afraid to use cooper for any purpose =) haha hopefully it will be finished soon and everyone can enjoy it without worry.
Let me just say what an honor it must have been for cooper to be confused for me =) haha I can only imagine how difficult it would be for everyone else to figure us out when I was having trouble from lake powell pictures. I hope that it wasn't too tramatic for cooper cause I think that it is going to happen alot as he goes to high school. But I did find that extremely funny and enjoyed it very much. I guess I should say what an honor it is for me to be confused with cooper. haha
Taylre is doing great. She plays a healthy amount of frisbee each week and mostly hangs out with her cousins. She is going to be heading back to here I guess in a couple of weeks. And yes she writes me on average twice a week mom, I don´t mind the competition haha
It was great to hear about all the returned elders. Sounds like they all had a great time and did a lot of good work for the Lord. I will have to start preparing my fireside address here pretty soon haha but I´m glad you could all have that experience
So mom, one of the elders in my district knows elder Romney. (an elder serving in Mexico City North right now) Went to a different high school but played sports with him. We figured you could complete the whole circle by talking to Elder Heaps (an elder in the MTC with him now) mom Deena. just an idea... haha
Sorry to hear about the no apartment situation with danielle. Hopefully something will arise and she will be able to get by this without any trouble. If worst came to worst I guess she could live with Jenny and Britton but yeah.... who would do that? haha jk much love, the lord will provide the answer if you ask.
So to answer another questiom about the MTC, the food here is actually not that bad. It is defititely not the cannon center which is probably why I had such a hard time keeping the weight off at the beginning haha however I usually just go with a salad now a days. They are alot like aunt stacy's with nuts and fruits and yeah all sorts of goodness
-Jenny
SO yeah how about them Lambsons! Haha what do you expect would happen with a huge crane and a holiday haha but I'm glad you all had a great time and no one was hurt. And really jen, you were born to be a teacher, we all knew it from when you were in the sixth grade, you have more love than anyone else in our house. "Pray as if everything depended on the Lord, work as if everything depended on you" just a thought. And i'm sure that you have already talked to taylre about the possible oregon connection haha I thought that was funny.
So i have been typing really slow today so I won't have much time to write about me but that's ok. On sunday a couple of exciting things happened, we got a new district leader, elder Farmer. yeah no s'e about that but he has been doing a good job thus far and I still don't have to go to extra meetings! I also gave a talk on sunday in spanish. yes that's correct. Did I talk for more that three minutes, not a chance, did I make sense, quizas but I was glad that I had the opportunity haha my spanish is actually coming along pretty well. This last week was aout first only spanish classes and yeah.... I missed alot haha but I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of it. K again you are all wonderful and I am grateful for your prayers and letters

Con Amor
Elder Christensen

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

I wondered if Elder Christensen and Elder Heap had met each other. Apparently so. I have Deana's email address if you want it! Let me know.