Friday, August 8, 2008

Doing Great Things In Provo Sent:Thu 8/07/08 1:27 PM

Hola mi familia!!!
Como le va? Espearo bien. Well I'm just so overwhelmed with all the
letters and the package i got this week that I don't know where to begin.
Thank you all very much. I guess I'll just start with the Package, it was
wonderful and everything that I could of hoped for. the pictures made me
laugh. The house look amazing, congrats to everyone that helped. Thanks
also for lacey's talk, that was very interesting and powerful. Love the
candy, hopefully I won't love it too much haha
All the letters were great this week and I'll try to answer most of them
and then say some things about me but the computers have been acting funny
today so we will see what happens. First I actually wanted to have the
chip sent to taylre but if it's too much out of the way than I understand
but if it's posssible I would like that. Sad to hear that Jenny and
Britton and I guess Danielle are all leaving there pretty soon. sorry
mostly to cooper but you're a tough kid you can handle it haha jk but yeah
best of luck to everyone going to las cruses, hope everything goes
smoothly. I loved hearing about dad and cooper's high adventure activity.
Props to you cooper for helping dad out so much and props to dad for going
at a cow with a four iron. I enjoyed that very much and can't wait for
that stage of my life haha Glad to hear everyone enjoyed my chip for the
most part and mom, I really wasn't on the screen, I covered it with tape
haha but I appreciate the thought none the less. Thank you britton for not
crushing my attempt at espanol, it's still coming day by day. Hopefully
next time I'll do half of it in espanol and see if britton can translate it
for you or not and than it will just remain a mystery forever haha so yeah
I guess I'll just continue on a random tangent and talk about the visa
situation that is going down here in provo. So we have heard numbers as
many as 100 missionaries on delay trying to get to mexico, there are alot
of missions. and the latest news that the church headquarters just came
out with is that they are going to be sending those missionaries out
starting today to either Salt lake City south if they are not from Utah and
Georgia if they are. So it is a very good possiblity that I could be
serving here in Provo in about two weeks. I got a laugh out of it but
mostly just hope that I won't have to stay here for an extra amount of
time. I'll keep you posted on what happens next. Speaking of missionaries
I can't wait to see dan come in next week. I forgot to tell him in his
letter but tell him to meet me in the caferteria that wednesday by the ice
cream bar haha I'll try to remember too. Uh let's see back to your
letters. Oh yes glad to hear that everything worked out well for Danielle
and the roomate situation. Hopefully it will be a great experience for you
Danielle. That's way cool to hear that Aunt Stacey and Uncle Aaron are off
to China, I hope they have a wonderful experience. I actually had a lady
come and bear her testimony to me yesterday in cancanees? i don't know,
whatever they speak in china and I was just staring with a blank face....
haha hopefully they will have translators. Thanks dad for the tracking
story about ireland. Hopefully I won't have to do that much tracking but I
understand that missions are all about the effort you are willing to put
forward "pray as if everything depended on the lord, work as if everything
depended on you" so news about me, I have new zone leaders, elder heap and
elder memmott. I was a little like what? when they first got called but I
know now that they are going to do a great job and they are the ones that
this zone needed. Oh yeah another random thought, sorry I have alot of
those today, I didn't get a chance to organize my thoughts. The mexico
city temple opens on nov 16th, guess who will be in mexico on that day and
might be able to help in some way? me haha I can only so, I joke that I
will be the translator for President Monson but really I just think that he
wouldn't know he was at a temple dedication by what i was saying haha maybe
I'll get to direct people or something, there are over 1 million members in
the mexico city area, crazy I know. We taught in the trc this week in
spanish again, it was great, minus I couldn't understand when the native
investigator talked haha I can hold my own if they speak slowly but luckily
he told us that mexico natives speak twice as fast and he has trouble
understanding them. I will pray for the Lord's help. Well sorry again
about having a bunch of random thoughts but hopefully it has been worth
your time. I love all of you very much and pray for you like ten times a
day. Thanks so much for everything that you are and all of your love,
you're great.

Elder Westley Gene Christensen

1 comment:

Avery said...

West,

What is your email address that you use or your address?