Monday, October 5, 2009

Almost not sick...‏ Sent: Mon 10/05/09 12:11 PM

Hey Fam,

How is everyone doing today? I feel like I ask that question a lot but people respond to it so I guess I'll just continue with it. But really I hope everyone had a great week and an even better conference. Flip, that was the best conference I have ever been to. I dont know if I just haven't payed attention before or if it was in another language... possible. I just went with the right spirit and a lot of questions but I left a new man... boy haha no with 20 and a half years under my belt I think I qualify for man. I loved it. I loved the apostles and the first presidency. I wish I had a testimony like Elder Holland or could call everyone to repentance like Elder Bednar. They are my heros. I think they should put conference on dvd. I'ld watch it haha and that's what a year in mexico does to you.
Nano, congrats on the job, work hard and be humble. Learn everything you can.
Jen and brit, thanks for writing me. I know you guys are busy so thanks for taking the time to show some love. Also Jen, we take taxis if it is over 30 mintues walking and we don't have time. There are about 5 families that have cars but a ride is a very rare occasion. And it always happens right as we are about to arrive at our destination.. ironic haha you guys keep tearing it up and work hard. That Lacey fireside sounded bomb.
Also I think it was funny that today everyone decided to send pictures to me and I wasn't able to open them... sad days. next week. Dad, you are a stud man, you keep working hard and stay positive. Good luck on the document.
Coop, idk if you are dead or alive, but you keep it up man, I hope you recover soon. Also, no worries, i have a whole book of advice that I am writing down for your mission haha.
Mom, love you. Thanks for all of your sacrifices and work. You are great. Thanks for the shoes, but i think we should just keep them there in the US and then I just get these fixed up for 20 pesos.. also still havent gotten the box but ill be looking.
The reason I have been taking other money out is because when I went to the temple E Farmer asked me to buy him the new bible in leather... Yes, new bible in spanish. It's sweet. Idk if anyone else saw Presidente Monson explain it on the Saturday morning session. I loved his spanish haha also I listened to conference in english, and yeah I understood everything in spanish but it is better in english. for example, when everyone is making jokes and laughing, the translator is in his monotone voice for the punch line and it ruins everything haha no all of it was great.

On Wednesday, we had a leadership meeting and I saw Elder Brown, love him. Also it was basically a, "we need to do better pep talk." Also that some dls are going to be let go to give other kids a shot. Well its been fun haha no I wouldn't be sad, I could handle less stress.
This week we found some bomb families. The only thing was that only one went to church... but this next week. Also i need prayers and fasting.... not me but just we have alot of people that can get baptized this month but everyone is having something come up. So a little help if we could.
Mom I was wondering if you could help me out with one of those containers for consecrated oil and rechargable batteries.. idk, i actually love the idea of just putting money in the bank for when i get back haha cause ill need it... but yeah if i only had two christmas gifts, it would be those two. Other than that life is normal.
I got to jet and do some paper work haha really official right haha no but you guys have great week and of course happy b day bro!!!!! i cant believe life moves on without me but your a man now. Keep being a stud bro, you can do anything. YOu are my hero. Everyone take care and see ya in a week.

to the moon and back...

Elder Christensen

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

"consecrated oil container and rechargeable batteries for christmas." what? no iPod or fancy cell phone? can you say growing up? it's wonderful.