Monday, March 9, 2009

Eh, estoy aqui, no se procupre haha Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 5:12 PM

Hello Land of the Free, Home of the Brave

How are we all doing today? so yeah, lets just get the sorrys out of the way and apologize to everyone that was looking forward to an answer letter that I wrote that got erased. I´m sorry but really I was upset for only like an hour.... or two afterwards but its all good cause I'm here now. so again sorry, but sometimes the dice just don't fall my way.

also, I have not had time this week to reread all of your letters and for that i have a hard time remembering what as is going on in your lives. Its been that kind of week for me so I'm going to mostly talk about me and the last two weeks of my Mexican experience. Coop, i imagine that basketball is coming to an end here pretty quick, good luck with soccer. I cant lie, every time I go out to play with all the elders, i just think, coop could take most of these guys. Your a stud man, keep it up. don't forget about school. Sisters, I don't mean to group you together but you are kind of in the same town and school. No jenny, we don't cook, just little things with the george forman son! so that's clear but we have made a lot of friends in bakery and other stores so we get a lot of stuff free and Danielle, do great things, haven't heard from you in a while, i don't want a wedding announcement before a letter and a name haha

mom and papi, hope everything is going great and that you are staying busy. I will be on the look out for that box mom. I love you two very much and Ireland sounds... wet haha andele!

ok my week.. weeks.
yesterday we had a baptism! surprise! It was a 22 year old kid that had a girlfriend that was a member. flirt to convert is a very active part of our work jk... kind of. But yeah elder Valdez did the ordination and took it like a champ. Just like I taught him, he is a great kid and didn't screw up at all. So maybe not like I taught him... ha ha but yeah that was a good end to a difficult week. It just feels like right now we work all week to find a couple people at the end of the week that listen once and then don't want anything. Like last week we had one new going into Saturday night, one! that's not good and at 8 in the night we found two families back to back! i was so pumped.... and now they don't want us. But yeah haha that's how it is sometimes. I am learning to understand Ether 12:6.
So last week, nothing exciting until thursday when we had a conference with the presidente. We walk in and the Presidente was like, elder Westley Christensen! I just thought it was funny that he called me by my full name because its very rare and because he is like that with me haha but it was a great conference. Pure Power, and the Presidente got up there and was like so i have noticed a little bit of increased frustration in the mission. I understand there will always be some but only a certain level. I was thinking about this last night when elder Holland called me..., I was like Who called you?! oh, just elder Holland. I was like no way! but i guess they are good friends and talk alot. I knew I liked my Presidente for some reason, but elder Hollands answer was pretty cool, he said "Daryl (my Presidente), you know why. Your elders are doing great things. Satan will never be content with that. He is trying harder and harder every day your elders continue doing the right thing" so yeah it opened up my eyes a little bit.
and so after the conference i asked the Presidente what we should do about our three areas because our numbers were... less then bueno haha he just told us to get rid of one, it was impossible to do three. so we did and now that ward does not like us. I wouldn't mind but we still have to go back and do some paper work with them. I don't feel like we are going to get that help haha esta bien.
So this week was pretty average. But ill just skip to the exciting part! So we had a district fast for all the investigatores that were on the fence, baptism wise. Quick side note on the fast, hardest thing ever with no water, anyways we ended it Wednesday night and we visited the Fam Aquilar. The Hna was like, elder do you have a calader? and my comp did and she was like " how does the 15th sound for my baptism?" i was going pretty crazy but her godfather can't come that day so right now we are struggling to find a day before the transfer. So if you wanted to focus your prayers on something... Fam Aquilar. The Hno still hasn't put a date but im hoping everyday to hear those sweet words. I love this family, they have nothing and always offer us things. I want to be there in a year with them in the temple! I liked what Presidente said in the conference that during his mission, he felt that with some of his convert families that he made that pact with them in the pre-mortal life he was going to find them.... he was going to give them the gospel and share so much joy. I feel that way. Good stuff, I want more families like this!
also last night almost had to fight a drunk from beating his family. But didn't have to so it was fine. Sorry for the lack of details, i just wrote this at the end.

Last personal note, hope everyone celebrated my one year anniversary of tearing my ACL. I did with jumping of the tramp, jk dad. No I'm good, it just hurts random days. Idk. but no worries
ok I got to run to get yelled at by my leaders for whatever. I have finally figured out how to be funny and still work hard in Mexico. My dl doesn't like it but yeah, doesn't affect me much haha
ok fam and fans, i love you all. I know i say it every week and whatnot but I truely deeply do, i promise you haha backstreet boys! you are all my testimony, my example, my motivation. Be great because that is who you are. Do great because you want to show it haha wow wes, little tired. Ok, love you all and hope the best. The Church is True. It's that simple.

to the moon and back

con amor

Elder Westley Gene Christensen

No comments: